Contractors Health and Safety Scheme “CHAS”
Suppliers (contractors) are continuously applying for work in the private and public sectors, however in order to gain work they must first meet the buyers health and safety standards.
An assessment is required to determine wether or not the supplier is compliant with the respective buyers health and safety regulations. This can be particularly time consuming given that a contractor can meet the expectations of some buyers but not others. Suppliers who are CHAS approved eliminate this problem because they are accepted by all CHAS buyers.
According to their website, CHAS assess their applicants on the following:
- Health and safety policy statement;
- Their organisation for health and safety;
- Their specific health and safety arrangements to a standard acceptable to our buyers and to others
This information is based on the Contractors Health and Safety Scheme’s official website, to find out more, please visit www.chas.gov.uk
The NHBC’s Health and Safety assessment scheme
Safe mark is a pre-qualification assessment scheme with similar requirements to CHAS. For more information please visit www.nhbc.co.uk/
NICEIC is the UK electrical contracting industry’s independent voluntary body, with over 25,000 contractors registered with them. They offer various services, designed to support electrical contractors and other trades in the construction industry.
The following services are advertised on the NICEIC’s official website:
- Listing on the NICEIC Roll of Approved Contractors
- Competent Persons Schemes, including Part P
- Microgeneration Certification Scheme and Green Deal
- Industry recognised training
- Unrivalled technical support
- DVDs and publications
- Contractor Insurance
- Customer and industry support
- Products including test equipment, tool bags and certificates
- NICEIC registration not only demonstrates to customers and specifiers your skills and professionalism, it also gives you peace of mind that our products and services are the best in the industry.
For more information please visit www.niceic.com
FREIGHT TRANSPORT ASSOCIATION “FTA”
FTA is one of the biggest trade associations in the United Kingdom. Being a member of the FTA enables us to operate vehicles that are fully compliant with all traffic laws in an environmentally friendly method.
For further information, please visit www.fta.co.uk
Worksafe Consultancy Services
Worksafe is a specialist consultancy whose goal is to make businesses both safer and more cost effective. They carry out risk assessments, provide training and help establish health and safety policies.
Using a team of specialist consultants like Worksafe Consultancy Services is a cost effective way of managing health and safety.
For more information, please visit www.worksafeconsultancy.co.uk